A capacitor is an electrical component that stores energy in the form of an electrostatic field. It consists of two metallic plates, typically made of aluminum or tantalum, which are separated by an insulating material called a dielectric.
Capacitors are used in electronic circuits as power supply filters and for blocking direct current while allowing alternating current to pass.
The printed circuit board (PCB) is a flat board on which electronic components are mounted and interconnected by conductive pathways made from copper or other conductive material. PCBs can be single sided or double sided and can contain a variety of components including resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers, semiconductors such as transistors and integrated circuits (ICs), diodes, LEDs, buzzers etc.
top 5 common components
1. Capacitors – These are used to store energy in the form of an electric field.
2. PCB – Printed Circuit Boards are used to connect and organize the electronic components in a circuit.
3. Magnetics – Magnetic materials are used to store data and transmit signals in computers and other digital devices.
4. Resistors – They help regulate the flow of electricity by limiting the current when it is too high or too low, which can damage electrical components.
5. Integrated Circuits (IC) – These are microchips that have many components built into one small space on a semiconductor wafer for increased efficiency and speed, making them essential for many modern devices today like smartphones, laptops, tablets, etcetera
This section will cover the 5 most common electronic components in a circuit.
The first component is a capacitor, which stores electrical energy and releases it to power up the circuit. It is an electrical device that can store charge from an electric current. The second component is a PCB or printed circuit board, which contains all of the electronic components on one substrate. It can be made of copper, fiberglass or other materials and provides a surface for the electronic components to be mounted onto. The third component is magnetics, which are typically found in transformers and inductors. They are made of ferromagnetic materials such as steel and iron that have been magnetized by an external magnetic field. The fourth component is microchips, which are circuits that have been miniaturized so they can be used